Sunday, 24 June 2012

Exercises smectercises.... (a.k.a physiotherapy)


We have a set of exercises we’ve been instructed to do 3-4 times a day. If you take the amount of times I did my exercise sets a day during the first 5 days, and multiply them by 3-4, then you would have an answer of 3-4 times per day...or less. I’m much better at actually doing my exercises now. Even as I write this I am exercising... my right to do my exercises in half an hour instead of right now. They take time and can be hard at first, but there are many things in life that are harder than fitting in a few stretches. Like... deciding how to paint your nails or drinking tequila and remembering it in the morning.

The simplest of the exercises involves having your leg out in front of you and pushing down on your heel and knee to contract your hamstring and quadriceps respectively. The first time I tried this it just didn’t happen. If my hamstring was yelling really loudly at me to inform me it was contracting, its voice was muffled by a gigantic swollen lump of leg. It was disheartening, as was moving my leg around by lifting it with my arms, because I couldn't seem to control it otherwise.

I can’t stress enough how important the exercises are though. After doing them it’s a lot easier to walk around (with crutches), and I relish that feeling of less pain and more freedom with the same intensity as if I was running through a field of daisies towards my lover on a perfect summers day. Oh, and I mean a lover I'm really passionate about who will throw me down onto a cushion of white daisies and roll around with me with our lips entwined, then he'll pick one of the daisies and gently push it behind my ear, brushing the hair from my face while magically staring into my eyes... AND the daisies are magical daisies that won’t even give me hay fever. That’s how much I mean it. Do the exercises. 

2 comments:

  1. Physiotherapy is exercise and massage and other modalities.It use when you get rest or relax. Physiotherapy is a one kind of health care to take care of your health.I have found a source that help me and it can be help you.
    Physiotherapists

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS FOR THE LOVELY COMMENTS! I AM GLAD YOU LIKE THE POST ASWELL! MORE TO COME!

    knee braces

    ReplyDelete