Wednesday, 4 July 2012

I'm peeling pretty good!


The last few days my leg has been peeling. A lot. As in...so much that when I take off my pants my leg is half the size because it has flaked off and shed into my pants...  I’m worried that if my leg keeps shedding at such a rate, that within the next week I’ll only have a bone, my substitute ACL will have flaked off, and my surgery will have been for nothing. The thing is that, yes, I am exaggerating, but not by THAT much. It would seem that the top layer of my skin has been poisoned to death by whatever antiseptic it is they put on it during my surgery.

I really couldn’t decide if I wanted to put up a picture of my leg in this state or not. I was thinking “yes, it’s disgusting! Post a picture!” Then I would think “no, it’s disgusting! Don’t post a picture!” Then I would hover at “yes! It’s disgusting! Maybe post a picture!” Then I remembered a time in high school when a friend had eaten so many salt and vinegar chips that his tongue was peeling from acid burn. I didn’t even realise a tongue could peel, let alone with the magnitude that his was. I’m surprised the skin peeling off his tongue didn’t clog his throat and choke him to death that’s how gross it was. My point is... I still get amusement thinking of his peeling tongue. So here:

Very a-peeling leg.  
Flakes on my leggings...
P.S: Don’t google “peeling tongue”. There are surprising amounts of results about how to prepare pig tongues, by peeling them, for eating. I don’t care how tender a piece of meat that is, it’s like the extreme version of tonguing a pig. Gross. 

4 comments:

  1. Why can't I comment on your blog!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it works now. Well, what I was trying to say was that those flakes made me lose my appetite hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha, I'm sorry! It's lucky I didn't collect them for you then ;)

      Delete